Thursday, March 15, 2012

8 Kindle Freebies 3-15-12

I am a total sucker for free Kindle books and so are many of my friends. I picked up a few more freebies for adults today and will eventually get around to reading them. Please note that as of this posting, these are all free. Prices can change at any time. Always check the "Buy" price and not the "Prime" price before purchasing. Many of them are probably worth the nominal price that they would be otherwise.

Don't have a Kindle? No worries! Download a free Kindle app. Or, finally give in and purchase one of your own.

 I Think I Love You
Stephanie Bond is a popular romantic comic mystery writer. In this book, Regina Metcalf is the most normal out of her three sisters. They were separated 20 years ago by a man after witnessing a murder. Strange dealings follow the family as they start to make amends. Someone may be out to kill them. This book promises to be full of comedy and thrills.
Get your Kindle copy here.

 Three Wishes
This is another book by Stephanie Bond. This one looks comical as an antiques dealer, who happens to be in love with the governor's girlfriend, releases a genie from a magical lamp. Naturally he wishes himself into quite a quandary!
Get your Kindle copy here.

 The Myths, the Legends, the Lore of Ireland
St. Patrick's Day is this weekend. And history is always fun to learn, especially for us nerdy types. I'm not Irish in any way, shape or form. But many of my friends are and I live in an area with a very strong Irish population. I also pretend I am when I frequent the #1 Irish bar in my city, which happens to be conveniently down the street from me. So, I need to brush up and learn some more Irish history!
Get your Kindle copy here.

 My Emily
This is the true story of a beautiful little girl named Emily, who was born with Down Syndrome. At the age of 2, she was diagnosed with leukemia. This touching story of a little girl who seemed to have nothing to live for is destined to make all who read it cry and applaud the faith of her friends and family. And it may be worth purchasing the actual paperback version, as proceeds go to benefit families of children with special needs who are battling cancer or have lost a loved one.
Get your Kindle copy here.

 Three Days in Seattle
Seattle - the home of Pearl Jam and a few friends and family that I love dearly. The idea of romance near Eddie Vedder? I can't help myself, even though it has nothing to do with my muse. When Kate's parents are murdered, she ends up finding love in an unexpected place. This book is supposed to have romance and mystery, all wrapped up into one package.
Get your Kindle copy here.

 Jane Butel's Best of Mexican Regional Recipes
I love Mexican food and I want to learn more recipes. I will try any free cookbook. It is worth it if I can find even one recipe that I like. This book is supposed to have 30 recipes in it that use ingredients readily available in American grocery stores.
Get your Kindle copy here.

 Brilliant Banana Bread and 25 Other Fantastic Banana Cake Recipes
Banana bread is one of those staples that makes you think of your childhood and home. We end up making a lot of it at work, using leftover bananas from the kids' snack. I'm always game for trying something new.
Get your Kindle copy here.

 Marry Me, Maddie
Maddie's plan to finally get her boyfriend to propose backfires on her when she challenges him to marry her or move on, on her best friend's talk show. So, she decides to seriously play the field at a ridiculous pace. And an old friend decides that he likes the new Maddie.
Get your Kindle copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.