Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review of 'Witch Way Bends' by Olivia Hardin

Book blurb from Amazon:

Devan Stowe has only one thing on her mind—shutting down her father’s child trafficking business. Her determination sets her on a journey to discover her true strength and the one man she was destined to love.

In his arms, she’ll learn the meaning of trust, honor, and courage. She will unlock an amazing gift that will free her from her past and open up a future full of magic, faeries and more things than she ever imagined possible.

But no good deed goes unpunished, and Devan’s quest may have deadly consequences not only for her, but for those she cares most about.

**My thoughts**

I have been hearing wonderful things about Olivia Hardin as an author for quite some time now. I had downloaded this book several months ago, and it has just been collecting virtual dust on my TBR pile. When the opportunity to review the third book in the series came about, I finally had the reason to bump it up on my list!

When I first started it, I was a little unsure. The story seems to just dive right in and I was a little confused. As the story continued, it started to make more sense. I realized that I was learning the facts at the same time that Devan was learning about herself, her powers, and her past. She was also coming to terms with the fact that someone wants her for her powers. The more that I got to know, the more I was drawn into the book. At its end, I was glad to know that I already had the second book on tap to continue it!

Devan is a very strong character who knows what he wants. Anger and revenge can make a person even stronger. So can love, which she seeks from Kent. Langston is a great protector and she also relies on some old friends to help her come to terms with her father and her fate. I'm eager to devour Bitten Shame! 

Buy links: (FREE) Kindle \ Paperback 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.