Sunday, May 12, 2013

'Reginald F. Lewis Before TLC Beatrice' by Lin Hart


"Reginald F. Lewis Before TLC Beatrice: The Young Man Before The Billion-Dollar Empire," by Lin Hart. 

"What was he like?" Jack Kennedy said the reason people read biographies, is to answer that basic question. 

Decades after his death, the pioneering vision and spirit of enterprise that made Reginald F. Lewis one of the leading figures in the American business community continue to resonate and capture the imaginations of entrepreneurs and corporate leaders across the country. This inspirational book, written by Lin Hart, combines the best attributes of a rousing memoir with the direct imperative of a self-help book, holding up the life of Reginald F. Lewis as an indisputable model for success.





Available in paperback and ebook: Amazon \ Barnes & Noble \ iBooks \ Google Books
.
Contact For Book Clubs interested in Lin Hart's availablity: http://bit.ly/17JvL45


Amazon Author Biography:

My name is Linwood (Lin) Hart and I'm the author of the book, "Reginald F. Lewis Before TLC Beatrice....The Young Man Before The Billion-Dollar Empire."

This book had been in the works for many years, before I finally decided to write and publish it. In doing so, I chose to focus on a specific 10-year period of Reginald F. Lewis's life. It was a period during which the two of us were particularly close and it is a period that received little coverage in his autobiography, "Why Should White Guys Have All The Fun."

While during his lifetime, Reginald F. Lewis accumulated great wealth and was arguably the richest African-American on the planet, this book is not about his wealth. It is about Reginald F. Lewis long before the wealth. It is about the challenges he faced during this 10-year period and the way in which he overcame them. It is about how he transformed himself from being ordinary to become extraordinary.

I'm a Maryland native, having lived as a teenager in the same West Baltimore neighborhood that Reginald F. Lewis's family moved to in 1952. Young Reginald and I met and became friends in 1956. We later became roommates and football teammates at Virginia State, remaining friends until Reginald's death in 1993.

I retired in 1995 from AT&T Network Systems. In my last position, I served as the Network Systems Engineering Director for International Services. I left to start my own company, Lin Hart & Associates specializing in professional speaker services and leadership coaching.

I am a graduate of Virginia State University. I currently reside with my wife, Frances, in Chesterfield, Missouri. We are the parents of two children, Lin Hart, Jr. and the late Gail Hart Stanfield.

My twitter handle is @lhacafe. You can also find me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.