Today we welcome author CM Sage to Andi's Book Reviews. She's sharing with us an excerpt from her new fantasy, The Chronicles of Antecede: Lost and Found, as well as her Top 10 movies. How does your list compare to hers? Let her know in the comments after you download the book. Then follow the tour for even more fun. Best of luck entering the giveaway!
Sometimes things are lost for a very long time...and then they are found.
Take Gracie for example, a woman who lost everything, her life, her family, even her name, but now she is a Cathalian warrior of Antecede blessed with powers, which aren't yet fully realized. Her elder and nemesis, Donavan, finally granted the former professor an opportunity to train a new warrior. Her joy turns to shock when she meets her great, great, great, great grandson, Henry, accompanied by his wisecracking best friend, Milo. Henry recognizes his long dead ancestor right away, and it doesn't take the Cathalians long to realize that this meeting was no accident.
Gracie and the warriors of Antecede soon discover that they aren't the only ones laying a claim on their new charges. Menacing enemies from the South and their hired mercenary assassin, Revilan, the Bowman, have also taken an interest. Come along with Gracie, Donavan, and their fellow warriors on a perilous quest to protect all that is good and right from the evil that threatens it, and along the way discover what else was lost.
Gracie hadn’t seen Donovan since he rendered her and her charges unconscious, except to sense him speaking to Henry earlier in the day. He appeared to be his normal, arrogant self then, but right now he looked a bit wild. He was truly splendid like an untamed avenger, and she was a little in awe of the warrior coming towards her. Again, it was unfortunate for Gracie that she wasn’t as quick as her little beasties and didn’t think to try making herself scarce. She had never mastered that skill as a mortal or as a warrior. Drama followed her wherever she went. She met Donovan’s stare head on, shoulders back.
He stopped, breathing hard, hands on his hips, not far from where she stood, and now she realized Donovan wasn’t just angry, he appeared almost unhinged, and something else, some other undefined sentiment, which he quickly tried to hide. She caught the emotion with her amplified senses but failed to decipher it before it disappeared. Her elder’s appearance perplexed and confused Gracie. He was pale, and it was no small thing for a man so bronzed to look like a ghost. As if on cue, the wind picked up upon his arrival, and his hair whipped around his face. Donovan held Gracie’s stare until she dropped her eyes because the residual fire in his unnerved her.
Buy on Amazon
(affiliate links included)
10. Strictly Ballroom – I must have watched this a hundred times. So much fun!
9. Penelope – Love Christina Ricci as Penelope, Catherine O’Hara as the mom, Richard Grant as the dad, Peter Dinklage as Lemon and James McAvoy as Max/Johnny. So good.
8. A Room With a View – So beautiful…that’s probably when I started loving anything British.
7. A Christmas Story and It’s a Wonderful Life (tie) – They make me think of my childhood!
6. Four Weddings and a Funeral – I loved it and the music. My bridesmaids came down the aisle to Elton John’s Chapel of Love lol.
5. Starman – So beautiful and romantic. Is it why I ended up with an astronomer? Possibly.
4. Little Women – One of my favorite books of all time made into one of my favorite movies…for me it has to be the Winona Ryder version…she’s my favorite Jo, and Jo is the literary character that I love best. And the music is amazing. I feel like I’m there. We walked back down the aisle to Under the Umbrella ☺
3. Shakespeare in Love – The dialogue is amazing…how the two stories are interwoven. And the music (you see a trend developing) is wonderful…The Beginning of the Partnership played before the wedding.
2. The Princess Bride – This is sometimes my number one depending on where I am in my life. It’s just soooooo good. The theme of my wedding invitation and about a million other things.
1. When Harry Met Sally - The older I get the more I love this movie. The story is so funny, the characters so real and the little stories of the marriages in between are just so moving.
Ok…I cannot end this without saying I love love love Bull Durham, An Officer and a Gentleman, Fellowship of the Ring, Avatar, Rob Roy, Casablanca, Separate Tables, Terminator, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (but always makes me cry), the Sound of Music, Apollo 13, and many more.
Visit the author’s website and subscribe to her newsletter at:
Amazon author: https://www.amazon.com/C-M-Sage/e/B0B4RQSPTS
a Rafflecopter giveaway