Monday, March 25, 2013

'Shadow of the Legacy' by Genie Gabriel Excerpt Tour


Shadow of the Legacy
by Genie Gabriel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

A letter from his dead father with a confession of killing a woman throws a shadow of suspicion over the life of an easy-going cop. When he returns to his hometown to find the truth, he discovers love with a woman determined to be no more than friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Read an excerpt:
As Rochelle adjusted her perception to allow her father into her life, she also continued alternative treatments with Rena that would ensure cancer wouldn't invade her body again.

Yet she was nervous when the time came for a follow-up appointment and tests with Shiloh. Shiloh's broad smile when she shared the test results told the story. Rochelle couldn't wait to tell Johnny. "Doc Shiloh said my blood work all looks good."

"We should celebrate." Johnny's grin claimed his entire face. "How about dinner at the Blue Moon on French cafe night?"

Once a week, the Blue Moon Café was transformed into an intimate French restaurant to showcase Antoine's special recipes. This formal night was very popular with couples in Halo, and was drawing customers from the surrounding county as well.

"I don't have anything to wear." Rochelle frowned.

Johnny rolled his eyes.

"This is serious."

"My apologies, milady." Johnny bent into a sweeping bow. "Then we must go visit the tailor immediately."

"You're still making fun of me."

"I'm teasing you because I didn't think you'd let me buy you a dress any other way."

Rochelle's breath caught in her throat. "A man doesn't buy a woman a dress unless he's very interested in her."

"And what if I am? What would you think about that?"
...Breathing still seemed a bit difficult for Rochelle as she absorbed the implication of these words. This spun her relationship with Johnny in a new direction, one they had been dancing around for months. Her old attitude would have blown him off.

However, if anyone could appreciate that she was both strong and feminine, Johnny could...

Rochelle knew she was walking off a cliff, but maybe--just maybe--she could find her wings and learn to fly before she crashed against the jagged rocks at the bottom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
AUTHOR Bio and Links:

I'm a crazy optimist whose rose-colored glasses have bent frames and cracked lenses. When life kicks me in the teeth, I find miracles and lessons I refused to learn an easier way.

In fact, I live with a small herd of miracles in the furry forms of dogs, who are constantly trying to teach me to forgive, to play more, and to love without limits.

I write about people who find courage and integrity in the darkest times of their lives, who rescue stray dogs and kittens, who find a person they would willingly give their lives for, and who make their little corners of the world a better place.

People have remarked my stories "aren't what they expected." With rose-colored glasses firmly in place, I take that as a compliment.

If you want to sample these stories, you can find excerpts on my Web site <www.GenieGabriel.com>. I try not to give away the entire story line, but rest assured there will be happy endings.

I invite you to share a piece of my world in the pages of a book, and hope our time together will feel like a hug from a cherished friend.



Blog for Halo Legacy Series: <http://oshealegacyseries.blogspot.com/>


Genie will be giving away a $25 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour and a $10 Powell's Bookstore GC to one commenter at every stop. Follow the tour for more chances to win!

30 comments:

  1. They are so cute together :)

    lyra.lucky7 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lyra! Johnny and Rochelle are one of those couples who take a while to realize they are perfect for each other. :)

      Delete
  2. Blue moon café sounds familiar, I think I've read a book with the same title :)

    moonsurfer123 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anas! The Blue Moon Cafe is featured in other books of my Halo Legacy Series, so you may have heard it from an earlier tour stop. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Great excerpt, thank you.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning and many thanks to Andi for hosting me today! I can't believe this is the last day of my tour already! I'll be back after I feed my doggie herd to respond to comments, and will also check back off and on throughout the day. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved each of the books in this, Halo Legacy series by Genie. I hope all of you take the time to start at the beginning and read each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! As always, your support is so much appreciated. :)

      Delete
  6. Genie, what are you working on now?

    shadowrunner1987ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ami! I'm wrapping up the last contracted book of the Halo Legacy Series. It has been great fun writing about the O'Shea family!

      Delete
  7. I love this series. This sounds like another great story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know there are HEAs...sometimes I'm a little tender!

    eai(at)stanfordalumni(dot)org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Elizabeth! My characters may have trauma and crises, but a happy ending is a must for me. :)

      Delete
  9. Johnny definetly did grow on me :)

    lennascloud(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lena! Johnny definitely had his own growing to do in this book--from an easy-going playboy to a serious hero. He did good!

      Delete
  10. Who is you favorite character in this book?

    lennascloud(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lena, I'm so bad at picking favorites of anything. And each character has something special about them. Rochelle is so fiercely determined to be independent, but finally allows herself to accept help from others. And Johnny really grew into a wonderful hero. Then there is Rochelle's daughter--I love little kids--and her classy mom. The three females have a special bond with each other...

      Delete
  11. The great disappearing comment...well, I was here this morning and typed a comment, which I don't see now. So with my apologies, I'll try again!

    Wanted to say hello to everyone and many thanks to Andi for hosting me today! I'll be checking for messages off and on throughout the day, so hope to chat with many of you later!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a lovely, romantic read.

    freetofall00(At)gmail(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lydia! There are definitely romantic scenes in this book, but there's also danger and crisis and, of course, a happy ending. :)

      Delete
  13. I am always looking for new authors to read and your book sounds really good.
    JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joye! Thank you for your kind words! There are excerpts of all my books on my Web site at **www.GenieGabriel.com**. Come take a look sometime!

      Delete
  14. I enjoyed the excerpt

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's not quite midnight in my corner of the world. However, because today kinda got away from me, I'm going to draw this week's winner of the $10 gift certificate now while I'm at my computer.

    And the winner is: Joye! (I'll be contacting you privately with details.)

    Many thanks to Andi for hosting this tour stop, and to all who commented. Your name will also go in the cyberhat for my monthly drawing at the end of March. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the excerpt, I've enjoyed the tour and will have to plan on reading it

    fencingromein at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how an author can maintain a character arc over so many books. Congratulations! The HEA sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.