Welcome to the book tour for A Very Witchy Yuletide by D. Lieber! Today you're going to get a sneak peek inside with an excerpt and then learn 10 fun facts about the book! Follow the tour for even more and then be sure to enter the giveaway!
First love is hard to forget, and even harder to ignore…
Evergreen Pendre wasn’t planning on going home for Yule. But when her Mom tells her the old coven is coming for a visit, she wants to see everyone. Well, almost everyone.
After four and a half years, Sawyer Collins finally has a chance to reconnect with his first love, Eeva Pendre. He might have been too shy to tell her how he felt before, but he’s changed. And he’s determined not to let her slip away this time.
As the coven prepares for Yule, they are reminded that not everyone has the holiday spirit in this contemporary Pagan holiday romance.
Read an excerpt:
As Eeva shifted her weight from foot to foot, swaying in time, they started the simple steps of the dance, circling each other.
“Yeah, that’s it,” Sawyer encouraged. “You remember. Ready for the staff?”
Eeva smiled. “Go for it.”
Sawyer struck out with his staff, and Eeva met it with hers. He did it again with the same result. And so they went on in rhythm, the mock battle playing out in a dance. They circled each other. They clashed in the middle. They retreated.
Sawyer’s heart raced as the exercise made him warm in his coat. He took it off, his steps still in time. Eeva did the same, her breaths punctuated by white puffs from her lips.
“Ready to try the end?” Sawyer asked her.
“Come at me,” she challenged, her voice teasing.
Sawyer attacked, bringing his face in close to hers, their staves crossed between them. This was where he was supposed to push them apart. She was to fall to the ground, defeated. But as they locked eyes, and he felt her breath on his face, they both froze.
Available on Amazon
10 Things You Didn’t Know About A Very Witchy Yuletide
- Sol was originally named Efir
- I had planned for this book to be a “clean read.” My characters had other ideas.
- Evergreen’s visual impairment was added at fan request. My fans have been pressuring me to write a visually impaired character to tell people what my vision is like.
- Niko’s reaction to Eeva’s visual impairment happened to me in my real life.
- The Jehovah’s Witness visit was based loosely on a visit that once happened at my in-laws’ house.
- All the magic throughout the book is entirely real, though I did make up the circle casting chant during Ella’s naming ceremony.
- I originally based the dates in 2020 so they would match up with the book’s release date, but then COVID-19 happened. So, in order to make all the character behaviors plausible in the real world, I changed it to 2019, which is when it was written.
- I originally made Evergreen’s white cane pink like one I have. Then I made it green but thought that would be too much green with her dyed hair. So, I finally settled on purple.
- Muir’s personality and behaviors, that’s Evergreen’s cat, are all based off my actual cat Nox, though he is black while Muir is a grey tabby.
- I came up with the title for this book before I even knew what it would be about.
Beyond her skeptic and slightly pessimistic mind, Lieber wants to believe. She has been many places—from Canada to England, France to Italy, Germany to Russia—believing that a better world comes from putting a face on “other.” She is a romantic idealist at heart, always fighting to keep her feet on the ground and her head in the clouds.
Lieber lives in Wisconsin with her husband (John) and cats (Yin and Nox).
Conjuring Zephyr June 2016
The Exiled Otherkin November 2017
Intended Bondmates June 2018
In Search of a Witch’s Soul (Council of Covens Noir, #1) March 2019
Dancing with Shades (Council of Covens Noir, #0) August 2019
Once in a Black Moon March 2020
A Very Witchy Yuletide October 2020
D. Lieber will be awarding a hand carved tree of life tarot/jewelry/keepsake box (carved by DhewaDecor) to a randomly drawn winner (US ONLY) via rafflecopter during the tour.
a Rafflecopter giveaway