Monday, May 4, 2020

Review of Edger Forever by David Beem


Lock your doors! Hide your children! Republicans and Democrats are cuddling in congress! The world is on the brink. Out there is a desolate wasteland of you-want-fries-with-that oblivion. It’s all smiles all the time. Politeness, when assholery is called for.Enter Edger Bonkovich, aka Zarathustra, the world’s first superhero! Humanity is under the mind-control of the prophet Nostradamus, whose immortality makes him all but invincible. But what if it takes an immortal to beat an immortal? What if our hero must sacrifice the woman he loves to become Edger…forever? Return to the Collective Unconscious one last time for a finale so creamy and smooth you won’t believe it’s not butter.


Book Links



**My thoughts**
It's the third and final installment in this series. And it is full of plenty of snort-worthy moments. Plus I feel like I learned a handful of fun new swear phrases to drop on my unsuspecting peers.

As with the other two books, this one is full of plenty of action and wild antics that I think would make for something fun to be played out onscreen. Beem's descriptions definitely had me clearly visualizing all of the quirky craziness in my head, so I think it would translate well!

Technically, you don't have to read the other two books before this one, but I think you'll appreciate it much more if you do.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a requested review copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.