Monday, October 1, 2012

For the Love of a Vampire

What is it that is so damn appealing about vampires? I am still trying to figure this out, after almost a year of finally reading vampire books.

As legend has it, I hadn't read anything about vampires, other than Dracula. I first read it back in junior high for my English class. Yeah, I enjoyed it, but I wasn't enrapture by it. I managed to avoid True Blood and Twilight. I did try to watch TB on HBO once and I hated it within a minute. I felt dirty even thinking about trying to read or watch Twilight. I still can't make myself do it.

And then, I finally succumbed to Jennifer Malone Wright's frequent posts about her book The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Part 1 always being free on Amazon. I thought I would just get it over with, read it, hate it, and review it and be done. I pulled it out while the man was seeking the perfect street hockey sneakers. I finished it before he had even selected a pair. I was hooked.

I went home and I continued to download the series. I teased Jenn mercilessly about hooking me in. I was secretly annoyed, yet intrigued at the same time.

And then Christie Silvers was looking for beta readers for her Liz Baker series. I was home sick and stayed up half of the night reading the first book. The second and third soon followed. Okay, a new fan was born.

Recently I have gotten into H.P. Mallory's books. I'm working on a few other similar types of series. I am willing to take some of them for reviewing. I enjoy the stories, but I just don't see why vampires are sexy. The only thing I can figure out is that they can hypnotize you, therefore making you fall into deep lust.

What am I missing, vampire fans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.