Monday, October 22, 2012

Interview with Jessica Gibson, author of 'Mark of the Witch'


Today, I am excited to bring you an interview with my friend, author Jessica Gibson!

1. What was the inspiration behind the Boston Witches series?

I’ve always loved witchy books, so when it came time to write my own book I knew I wanted to have witches in it. I put a little of myself into Jilly, I’m a hairstylist, so that’s what she does for her day job as well.

2. I read the first book, Mark of the Witch, a few months ago and loved it. I can't wait for the
second book to come out. How many books do you anticipate being in this series?

Awe, thank you so much! Book two will be out in November, it’s with my editor right now. I know it will at least be one more book. I have a lot of ideas for that one already.

3. Who is your favorite character in the book? Least favorite?

Hmmm.... That is a toughy, like asking me who I love more, my mom or my dad lol. I really like Caroline a lot. She finds her voice in book two for sure. The relationship between her and Jilly has been fun to write. I don’t really have a least favorite. Even my villains are fun to write. But, if I had to choose, I’d say Mary. She’s just so evil and without conscience.

4. Do you have any other works in progress?

Lots! I have two more series that I’m working on. The first is the Blood Ties series, book one is titled Love and Blood and is due out in January. I just released a short story titles Blood Lust that is a prequel to Love and Blood.This series is a bit darker than my Boston Witches series, but it’s been fun to write. The second is the School Spirits series, book one in that is titled Haunted U and will be out in March or April. It’s my first foray in YA, and I’m really having a blast writing it.

5. Why do you think the paranormal genre, witches and otherwise, are so popular right now?

I think we all like to play make believe. The paranormal genre lets us do just that. We get to pretend that vampires, werewolves, and magic really exist.

6. Because it is such a popular genre, how do you make yourself stand out, especially in the indie publishing world?

I like to put my own twist on things. Having things in the story that people will never expect. I hope I achieved that with Mark of the Witch.

7. What advice do you have for aspiring writers?

My advice to aspiring writers is to do just that, write. If you never sit down and write, your story will never be told. Also, invest in a good editor!
 
8. Tell readers more about your alter ego, Release Day Diva.

I smiled when I read this question Andrea. A lot of you know me best as the Release Day Diva. I throw amazing events for authors for their book releases. I also do events for previously released books for authors just want to create some buzz for their books. If you’ve ever been to one of my events, you know that they are jam packed full of games and prizes. I like to keep them busy lol. It’s been so much fun for me, I’ve met some amazing people. I’m all about getting indie’s the recognition they deserve.

Thanks so much for having me on your blog today Andrea!!

Where can you find me??

Blog: www.thisauthorslife.blogspot.com
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessica-Gibson/120212814747940
Twitter: @jessicajgibson
www.releasedaydiva.com

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.