Thursday, January 17, 2013

'More Than I Wanted' Book Review & Tour


Title: More Than I Wanted
Author: Ava Catori
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Kate Tanner sees everything she wants in Austin. After falling for a charming and handsome military man, Kate realizes he may not return her feelings. 

Will Austin fall in love with Kate, or has he hardened from past hurts? Just as he starts to warm up, things are turned upside down. Kate and Austin have to decide if their feelings are worth fighting for, or if walking away will be beneficial to them both.

With the threat of being separated, can Kate and Austin find a way to make things work? Having Austin in her life is more than Kate ever wanted, but she's learning he's all that she needs. 


Read an excerpt:
 
“Will you kiss me?” The words were out before I could take them back. Did I just say that out loud? Oh crap. I really did! I hoped I didn’t freak him out.
A smile spread across his face and he moved in close, not waiting for a second to pass. Walking me back to the wall behind me, he pressed me gently to it and pulled my hands up over my head. Leaning down into me, his chest against mine, his lips brushed my own. My knees went weak; his lips were tender and soft. Austin gently licked my lips and then parted his own. Standing there in my kitchen, he gave me the most amazing kiss. I didn’t want it to stop – ever.
I melted feeling his body pressed to mine, and his warm, wet mouth against me. The steamy kiss lasted all of a minute, and then just like that he stepped back. “Like that?” He asked with a smile on his face.
I nodded, barely able to speak. “Do it again,” I whispered.
**My thoughts**

First, I have to say that I chose the above excerpt out of the ones sent to me, because that was one of my favorite parts of the book. Can you imagine a first kiss going like that? *Swoon*

This is a novella, which means it is short. My eARC had 80 pages listed. There are also numerous chapters, which breaks it up into easy-to-read segments. I was able to whip it off in about an hour.

It read like a journal to me. Kate is narrating the story, sharing every single thought that passes through her mind, and every detail about her interactions with Austin and her friends. She seems to have some low self-esteem and is unable to believe that this gorgeous specimen is even remotely interested in her. When they get together, which happens quite quickly, they rapidly fall in love with each other. Unfortunately, Austin's military history throws them a lot of curve balls right off the bat. He has trust issues. He is still devoted to his career, though he is trying to end it. He can also be quite jealous. The two of them have a lot of issues to work on before they can really know if they are going to work.

What would you do in their situation?

Buy links: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | All Romance | Smashwords 

Author Bio

Ava Catori spends her days tied to her keyboard, being happiest there. With a passion for storytelling, she gets lost in the details of building characters and analyzing their thoughts. With a conversational tone, she entertains with fast, fun reads. There’s nothing she likes more than putting a couple together, only to tear them apart so they can find their way back to one another.

Ava resides in New Jersey, but sneaks away to Florida as often as she's able. She’s happily married to a patient man, who has the ability to sustain long hours of rambling thoughts spilling from her non-stop. With the company of three dogs and a cat, she sets her writing schedule around their inability to coordinate their potty breaks.

To see what’s next, be sure to visit AvaCatori.com
 

1 comment:

  1. Great review! The first kiss was one of my favorite parts of the book as well!

    ReplyDelete

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.